Haiku - Tribute to Tagore


“Jibono Moroner Simana Chharaye Bondhu Je amar…”
(Beyond the realm of mortality, you reside…)


1.

starlight
how could I see you
without the dark

2.

tuberoses
the scent of your poems
lingering      

--------------------------------

‘Aaji Joto Taara tabo akaashe…’
( The constellation that manifests itself within me…)


3.

opening up
my windows to your light
the prayer hall


----------------------------------

‘Aamar hiyar maajhe lukiye chhile…’
( You remained  unnoticed, unknown, deep-seated in me….)

4.

beside my garden
a wildflower blooms
late autumn

----------------------------------

‘Amare tumi osesh korechho, emoni leela tabo….”
( Incessantly, you have filled me with verve, with vigour…)

5.

waterfall…
how would I script all your words
in my lifetime

-----------------------------------

‘Amar sesh paraaner kodi songe nilem, gaan kantha nilem…”
( In my travels to the unknown, I bank on the melody within …)


6.

homebound bird…
a  sailor’s song  floating
into the night

---------------------------------

‘Fhagun haoway haoway …’
( I lost my heart to the spring breeze…)


7.

Flame of the Forest--
a breeze carries off
the grounded

---------------------------------

‘Badol Baul bajay re ektara…’
(The wandering monsoon keeps playing its harp…)


8.

aimless breeze
the nonstop patter
of a minstrel

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hit counter
html hit counter code