The grief that engulfed me

A wave that engulfed me
when you told you were leaving
took years to subside

That day I realized
a weak scent lingers
after the withering of a flower

I imagine my grief
twirling like snakes made of smoke
arising from a jasmine agarbati
relentlessly taking their forms
endlessly fading into oblivion

From that day I've been living
beside a sea
observing rain clouds fondle the sun
at wee hours

And I've grown accustomed
to the vacant vault of the blue
in autumn

From that day
I yearn to see yellow butterflies
hopping over dandelions

No I haven't re-opened
my doors
yet neither have I ignored
the fragrance of jasmine
or the sounds of the sea

A whiff of breeze blows a dust
of memories
revealing bizarre fossils
this twilight

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hit counter
html hit counter code